Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bouncing Baby Boys!

We had our 21 week appointment yesterday and they did the "big" anatomy scan. It was so great to see my precious baby boys again! Justin decided to sit this one out and we had asked our moms to come to this appointment. My mother in law, Sharon, had been sick and decided not to come so I wouldn't catch her stomach bug. I think it was a good idea, but I was sad she wasn't able to be there, especially since I knew she really wanted to. :( My mom was able to make it and I was so happy to have her there. It was fun to share that experience with her as they checked for all the fingers, toes, chambers of the hearts ect. I am very pleased to say that both boys looked great and each weighed 13 ounces. I had not really put that into perspective until my friend Lindsey reminded me that a full pop can is 12 ounces...and I have two of those in my belly! Wow! At our last appointment four weeks ago, both babies were head down and it looks like now Baby A has flipped into the breach position and Baby B is still head down. There is plenty of time for Baby A to flip back, and let's hope he does! Both babies were very active and a little stubborn during the ultrasound, I wonder where they got the stubborn part? *cough cough* Justin maybe? haha! Below are pictures of our sweet baby boys...




The doctor seemed pleased with their progress and told me to keep doing what I have been doing and I will go back to see her in two weeks and then we will do another growth scan in four weeks. I have noticed a few changes recently...obviously my stomach feels like it is growing at an incredible rate, but overall I am happy with the steady growth. Last week a co-worker noticed at lunch that my ankles seemed a bit swollen...let's just say I freaked out a "little", ok I freaked out a lot. But, I guess at 5 months 1 week pregnant it is time to put the high heels away and try to just pull them out for special occasions. It hurts to part with my heels, but the babies are way more important. This pregnancy has gone by pretty smoothly so I think it was just a good warning sign to slow down a little bit and really focus on growing healthy babies. I am still continuing to exercise while I can and try to put my feet up every chance I get. Time is really flying by and I don't want to miss a thing!

Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes...they definitely make a difference so keep them coming!

2 comments:

  1. I love that I can see the profiles of their sweet little faces! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete